- January is traditionally the cheapest month of the year (and the coldest!). My suggestion is to stop worrying about taking off the holiday decorations and just run away for a week in the hot sun – sipping Margarita or two and sliding your fingers on the sand. On sites like CheapCaribbean.com, AppleVacations.com and TravelZoo.com you will find incredible deals for all-inclusive Caribbean resorts. On select weeks this winter, you can spend a week in an all inclusive resort in Mexico or the Dominican Republic for just over $ 1,000 per person including air!
- January also brings "Wave Week" from the cruise industry. The lowest travel prices of the year are traditionally offered during the Wave Week promotion. Watch sites like VacationsToGo.com, TravelZoo.com and Cruise.com carefully to capture deeply discounted cruises this winter.
- In 2010 it will be very difficult to find a cheaper destination than Las Vegas. The combination of just opened resorts (City Center, Trump and Hard Rock), coupled with a dramatic reduction in conventional shops, means that luxury resorts discount like never before. It is likely that you will be able to find luxury Las Vegas rooms at a lower price than anywhere else in the country. Combine a cheap hotel room with all these cheap buffets and spectacular stage shows and you have an unforgettable vacation. Don't forget to visit TravelZoo.com and find deeply discounted tickets to the show.
- Wherever you are traveling, pricing and services you could never afford before – you may be pleasantly surprised at how many have been discounted. Four- and five-star resorts regularly offer 30-50% discount for the next night's stay. (Stay 2 Nights and Get 1 Free, etc.) Resorts Sandals continue their 65% discount until 2010. The resorts throw accessories such as complimentary breakfast; children eat and stay free, spa services and even free golf bikes. Airlines also have more space above. During 2010, major promotions will appear in first class stores and seats as corporations have set a travel policy that restricts travel to the coach class. It will also be a great time to try to use your frequent kilometers to get seats in Business or First Class, as more seats will be opened.
- Watch Europe to welcome a welcoming mattress this spring. As travelers are reluctant to travel on the Christmas bomber for international journeys, Europe feels more than usual. Check out sites like Gate1Travel.com, GoToday.com and VacationsToGo.com to offer great rates for trips to Europe. We will probably also see great prices on European cruises. They have a short season to fill their cabins, and they will ride great specialties to get you aboard.
- There is an increasing trend in holiday accommodation, which is increasing every day – houses, villas, apartments and apartments for rent by day, week or month. People who were unable to sell their holiday properties listed them on the "Landlord's Owner" site, and as the selection increases, offers and specialties also escalate. Start your search on the OffersRentals.com menu page.
- Internet for anyone who wants a ghost who wants to sleep only in bed, has opened a whole new world of beds and couches for rent (and many times free). Popular CouchSurfing.com is a great place to start – they have communities for everyone, from college to retired adventurers.
- 2010 will most likely be a great year for road trips. Gas prices are expected to remain fairly stable and airlines' attitudes will dampen our desire to leave. It will be a great year to tune in to the regional bed and breakfast association and watch seasonal events. For New England, become a member of the “Inn Crowd” with stores at NewEnglandInnsandResorts.com. On the West Coast you will find wonderful inns and cottages at UniqueInns.com/specials.
2010 will be full of opportunities to get to know new people and experience amazing places. Save pennies and add some adventure to your life!